Davidson Family Services
Davidson Family Services has part time job opportunities in the Charlotte, NC area working with an individual with special needs. We seek hard working and caring people with a passion for helping others. Our services go beyond taking care of individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). We strive to help our members be the best person that they can be and teach them to live their lives as independently as possible.
Personal Caregiver – Direct Support Professional
Davidson Family Services is seeking strong, flexible candidates to help give personal and developmental care to a wonderful young lady with special needs. The family is located in the South Park area of Charlotte, NC.
Shifts needed are Tuesday – Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and some PRN is needed in the evenings from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM. It may be best to split these shifts between two staff to allow more flexibility.
Responsibilities may include:
- Transporting the individual
- Providing medication administration
- Positive interactions with family members and guardians
- Assisting with meal prep
- De-escalation and redirection of triggers and behaviors
- Must pass qualifying drug test and background check
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Minor lifting may be required
- Bending over / stretching
- Good oral and written communication
Alternative or additional requirements may be necessary depending on the individual’s need.
Phone interviews will be conducted and in-person interviews may be required with the family.
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least one year of experience with I/DD services preferred
- Medical field experience is a plus
Davidson Family Services is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, sex, gender, color, creed, national origin, culture, age or disability.