Davidson Family Services
Davidson Family Services has immediate job opportunities in the Hendersonville, NC and surrounding areas working with individuals with special needs. We seek hard working and caring people with a passion for helping others. Our services go beyond taking care of individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). We strive to help our clients be the best person that they can be and teach them to live their lives as independently as possible.
Direct Care Services:
Services include respite care, supported employment, community networking services, and some in-home support services. Each service involves working with and teaching the individual independent living skills by helping them reach and maintain goals. Goals may differ either through providing recreation and building social relationships, creating good hygiene habits, teaching proper nutrition, fostering independence, interacting in the community, or obtaining and maintaining employment.
We currently have a need for a dedicated and energetic worker to help a young lady with special needs that lives in the Arden/Hendersonville area of NC. There is availability up to 40 hours a week that can ideally be split between two staff.
This service involves caring for the individual and helping her in the community, transporting the member, engaging with non-disabled peers, financial responsibility, volunteering, and enjoying activities within her community. Another aspect may be to help the member find and maintain employment.
Prior experience is preferred, but all training is provided!
Responsibilities may include:
- Transporting the individual
- Providing medication administration
- Positive interactions with family members and guardians
- Helping the individual progress with goals
- Ensuring a safe environment for the individual
- Helping with activities
- Assisting with personal needs or care
- Must pass qualifying drug test and background check
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Some lifting / transfer may be required
- Bending over / stretching
- Good oral and written communication
- Passion for helping others
Alternative or additional requirements may be needed depending on type of service provided and individual’s need.
Education and Experience:
- Must be age 18 or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Patient Care / Direct Care experience a plus
- CNA/NA experience a plus
Davidson Family Services is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, sex, gender, color, creed, national origin, culture, age or disability.