Davidson Family Services
Davidson Family Services is looking for passionate people to open their homes and their hearts to provide Alternative Family Living (AFL) Residential Support Services to individuals with special needs. We seek hard working and caring people with a penchant for helping others. Our services go beyond taking care of individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). We strive to help these individuals live their lives as independently as possible and you can play a meaningful role in this process. Please visit our website: www.davidsonfamilyservices.org for more information.
AFL Residential Support Services
AFL Homes are similar to foster care homes and both require a caring environment for individuals to live and promote personal growth. An individual in an AFL home becomes part of your family. Our team supports the AFL family with documentation and makes sure the home environment is a safe and happy place for the individual.
AFL pay is a very competitive daily rate that is tax free!
Responsibilities may include:
- Keeping the residence maintained to certain health and safety standards
- Providing evacuation plans in case of emergency
- Providing medication administration and keeping medication securely locked
- Personal care may be required (helping with food, sleep, personal hygiene)
- Behavior plans may be necessary depending on person’s need
- Helping the individual progress with independent living skills
- Must pass qualifying drug test and background check
- Home must be inspected and meet certain safety conditions
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Some lifting may be required
- Bending over / stretching
- Good oral and written communication
Alternative or additional requirements may be needed depending on type of service provided and individual’s need.
Education and Experience:
- All training provided
- Must be age 18 or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience with I/DD services preferred but not always required
- Medical field experience is a plus